Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What the.....?

Feeling like I need a bit more spunk in my life, not saying being a mom of 4 isn't enough, I was asked to join a volleyball league with my 2 nieces and I sort of drug Kathy and Lynds along with me. We have been playing for about a month now and it has been alot of fun!!!
Last night we had a game.... I was up to serve and I was on fire!!! A few serves were aces, as Lynds would say... In all my triumph and glory I went to serve my 6th ball over the net and for some reason I my ankle gave out. All I remember was a slow, painful not very princess like fall.... I was on the floor, the floor of all places while I was serving?! I sat there thinking "What the.....?" Kathy turned around and didn't understand why I was on the floor, that is until I explained it to her... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... and even after all that my serve did make it over the net! I woke up with a sore swollen ankle but I'm ok.. my pride on the other hand.......needs a hug! This would have been a good story if I did something really cool to hurt my ankle huh? But no... I'll keep the tradition alive.... Remember Lyndsey's ? (Ball to the face from the net and that was in slow motion!!!)

1 comment:

Meta said...

Lucky you - Lyndsey on your team!!!

Are you feeling better? Big blue bruise? So sorry. I do alot of silly clumsy things. Too bad others were there and you can't make up a good juicy story! :)