Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tornado... I think so!


So it was 2:30 am in the morning in December when I was woke up by this strange all to familiar sound...... (Brie and Maddie, you know the sound)
Whoooshaaaawhooshhhhhh
My window swung open and I jumped up on my bed to see what the heck was going on out side.
I saw my trampoline horizontal flying through the air and all I can remember was very bad words coming out of my mouth.... it freaked me out!
Long story short....
Mini tornado through our yard
Caused trampoline to take flight
Trampoline caught power line
Powerline was connected to meter which was connected to house
Meter ripped off of house
Power line swung through our window... breaking it!
Emergency call to Rocky Mountain Power
Emergency call to our "favorite" electrician
Breakfast and getting ready for school by candle light
15 hours later we had power

2 comments:

The Woff Pack said...

that was the craziest night. We lost some big limbs off of our trees and our fence was blown down. It was so hit and miss. I can't believe you woke up to actually watch the destruction. Crazy!!

aunt kissen said...

That is amazing. Glad no one got hurt!